Saturday, July 5, 2008

our 2008 pony meet!

We had our pony meet today!!! I had so much fun, organizing it and being apart of it. it's so nice to put a few faces to a few names I know from just the pony boards and to share each others joy in our collections. It was wonderful. I had a great time and made a few new friends. And learned a bit along the way...anyways, some pictures of our meet to share.

of course Madeleine was right in there from the beginning. all the pony goodness was too much, she didn't know where to start! and definitely didn't know where to end. lol. she was pony nabbing every which way, trying to get her grubby little hands on as many ponies as possible.



SourDoughStompers sunny little pony table.

Buzzdog's table of soooOOOo much pony awesomeness!

SkyCakes ponies!!
Shane perusing through everyones collections.

Shane (really excited to be there apparently, lol) Karlee, Shawna

We had a 'secret santa' style gift swap.
here is Rainbow Windy opening her present. ummm....Boysenberry pie....

SDS, very happy with her new SS Truly

A ceramic porcelain Glory for Shawna!

Nibbles and Dibbles for SkyCakes!

Buzzdog got Sky Dancer!

and Karlee got____<------insert G3 pony name here and an Eyelash Princess!!

Our first Tutorial. Shawna showed us how to clean up those gross, dirty ponies and make their hair look nice and soft and shiny again.

Our Second tutorial. SkyCakes showed us how to re hair a pony.
Me, listening intently.

I wasn't very good at re hairing. I think I will leave it to you customizing pros.

It was really hard!!

this is all my mess, lol.

see. look how neat and tidy everyone is being. nope. not me.

Then Shane did a presentation on how roto molds work and took us through the entire production process from wax sculpt to the final finished pony.


I think everyone really enjoyed the presentation. Everyone was so quiet and careful not to miss a word. Shane mesmerized them I think.

passing around roto molds for everyone to see.


Shane's assortment of Roto molds, first shots, hard copies, and Original Artwork.



then on to pony trivia!!





this is the game I made for the trivia!!




the name badges that I made for everyone one. Line art is from the coloring pages on the Arena, which I made personalized for everyone as a keepsake from the meet, with each persons favorite pony on it.


Pony Trivia prize box!!
Bags i made for everyone containing tutorial supplies and name badges.

and that's all the pictures I have right now. I haven't taken pictures of the tons of ponies that ended up being adopted yet and the giant Plush pony that Buzzdog gave to Maddie. Hope you enjoyed our pony meet pictures as much as we enjoyed making them!!!

*hugs*
Jenn

No comments:

About Me

My photo
i live the simple life so to speak, but a bit of an eccentric one. i have an extensive vintage my little pony collection and shelves of only the geekiest lunch boxes around. nerd? perhaps. really i love to collect anything vintage and i enjoy being a big kid entirely too much. i love to sew and make cute things. i am vegetarian; i love to cook and bake. i try and be conscious of the decisions i make in this life. i recycle. i reuse. i compost. i try to live as plastic free as possible. hippy? no. hippies never looked this good in a 50's dress and high heels.